Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Completed Projects: Summer Round-Up!


Surprisingly, I've managed to complete a decent number (for me, anyway!) of projects so far this summer.  Sewing isn't really the issue so much as finding the time to model and photograph everything for the blog.  So I've decided to do an all-encompassing round-up! 


First up is McCall's 6965.  Let me tell you, this retro flared shorts pattern is a definite winner!  I love it so much!  They are a ridiculously quick and easy make.  I used a red linen look fabric which really helps with defining the "flare" of the cut.  


Admittedly, this kind of looks like a high school cheerleading skirt on, but I still dig it!  Next time I will make them in a draper fabric like rayon.  


Next up:  The Wiksten Tank.   Another ridiculously quick and easy summer project!  I salvaged the fabric (cotton/poly blend) from two vintage pillow cases that I thrifted for a mere .50 cents.  SCORE!


A lot of my summer projects have been basic wardrobe builders.  This is the Colette Mabel Skirt, whipped up in a mere 2 hours using black ponte knit fabric.  Flattering + figure-hugging pencil cut + no closures + low yardage = highly recommended project!
 

This was my most time-intensive project of the bunch: The now-iconic-within-the-home-sewing-community Bombshell Swimsuit.  This swimsuit is nothing short of amazing....A true miracle....A marvel of retro feminine engineering.  I feel so incredibly sexy and confident while wearing it and I will most definitely make another next summer!


Here's the final line-up (from left to right):  Colette Mabel Skirt, Wiksten Tank, Katy and Laney Tap Shorts (previously blogged with lots of photos HERE), Bombshell Swimsuit and McCall's 6965 Flared Shorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment